Exceptional Academic Support for All Student-Athletes
ACADEMIC SUPPORT SERVICES
- Monitors all Men’s and Women’s basketball student- athletes and assigns Academic Support Plans based on test scores, learning concerns, GPA, etc. in conjunction with the Learning Specialist, Academic Counselor and Director of Academic & Student Services.
- Follows up with the Coaching Staff and reports results regarding Professor input, assignments, grades, Peer Learning Reports, Mentor Reports, etc. as needed.
- Directly oversees student-athletes who exhibit certain academic “at-risk” behaviors, for example, poor class at tendance.
DLP Program Philosophy
- The Director of Academic Counseling, Assistant Director of Academic Services and Learning Specialist have over 50 years of combined experience as UCLA students and student affairs professionals.
- DLP aims to enrich the student-athlete collegiate experience through services that help each student-athlete identify their strengths and weaknesses and develop skills to improve academic performance.
- DLP is a holistic learning environment focused on autonomy, self-efficacy, accountability, health and wellness. This enhanced learning environment provides an opportunity for student-athletes to perform at their highest ability. Through directed guidance, student-athletes learn how to set and monitor learning objectives, develop and execute learning plans, and build academic skills in time management, close reading, critical thinking, note taking and information literacy.